ARTIST INSTRUCTOR: MICHELLE JAMIESON
Dates: November 27-28, 2021
During this hands-on weekend workshop students will be guided through the creative process of prop building. Students will start from a drawing or an image and progress to a completed object using different materials, techniques and methodology.
In this course students will learn and expand on the following skills:
· Create an effective and useful properties breakdown sheet.
· Discuss how to build a prop suited to the needs of a production.
· Learn from demonstrations using different materials and techniques.
· Create a small-scale sculpture with Plasticine.
· Explore several methods of mould making.
· Utilize our vacuum form machine.
· Learn to create props in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
· Create props that are yours to keep at the end of the course.
The low student-to-teacher ratio in each course ensures instruction is geared to the participant's skill level and experience. Please indicate your related experience when you register.
9:00 am to 5:00 pm
Location: Desmond Heeley Studio,
Factory163, 163 King Street,
Stratford N5A 4S2
Target enrolment: 10 students
For more information, contact:
Susan Starkweather, Program Advisor