Prop Making II
ARTIST INSTRUCTOR: MICHELLE JAMIESON
Explore the creative process of prop building during this intensive, one-week course. Discover how to start from a drawing or image and progress to a completed object using different materials, techniques and methodology.
Practice and expand on the following behind-the-scenes skills:
· Create an effective and useful properties breakdown sheet;
· Discuss how to build a prop suited to the needs of a production;
· Learn from daily demonstrations using different materials and techniques;
· Create a small-scale sculpture with Plasticine;
· Explore several methods of mold making;
· Build a prop weapon using a variety of materials and techniques;
· Utilize our vacuum form machine;
· Train in the safe and effective use of power tools and equipment;
· Learn to create props in an efficient and cost-effective manner; and
· Create a number of props that are yours to keep at the end of the course.
The low student-to-teacher ratio in each course ensures instruction is geared to the participant's skill level and experience. Please indicate your related experience when you register.
August 21 - 25
New Course added
This course may be taken as part of the
Theatre Production Arts Certificate
This certificate is given when completing
5 summer courses of your choice.
Total cost $2500 - a savings of $95 - $125 per course
Cost: $595 (materials supplied)
Monday to Friday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
Location: Desmond Heeley Studio,
Factory163, 163 King Street,
Stratford N5A 4S2
Target enrolment: 10 students
For more information, contact:
Susan Starkweather, Program Advisor