ARTIST INSTRUCTOR: MICHELLE JAMIESON
August 8 - 12
August 15 - 19
Explore the creative process of prop building during this intensive, one-week course. Discover how to start from a drawing or image and progress to a completed object using different materials, techniques and methodology.
Practice and expand on the following behind-the-scenes skills:
· Create an effective and useful properties breakdown sheet;
· Discuss how to build a prop suited to the needs of a production;
· Learn from daily demonstrations using different materials and techniques;
· Create a small-scale sculpture with Plasticine;
· Explore several methods of mold making;
· Build a prop weapon using a variety of materials and techniques;
· Utilize our vacuum form machine;
· Train in the safe and effective use of power tools and equipment;
· Learn to create props in an efficient and cost-effective manner; and
· Create a number of props that are yours to keep at the end of the course.
The low student-to-teacher ratio in each course ensures instruction is geared to the participant's skill level and experience. Please indicate your related experience when you register.
Package Deals - Take multiple courses and save!
Combine this course with any other one-week course and you will save $50 for each additional one-week course.
Course 1 full price
Course 2 $50 discount
Course 3 $100 discount
This discount offer is limited to 3 courses.
If you are interested in two or three courses, register and pay the deposit for each course. Our Registrar will then calculate the discount and invoice you for the balance owing via PayPal.
Cost: $560 (materials supplied)
Monday to Friday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
Location: Desmond Heeley Studio,
Factory163, 163 King Street,
Stratford N5A 4S2
Target enrolment: 10 students
For more information, contact:
Susan Starkweather, Program Advisor