SCENIC Painting for the THEATRE
ARTIST INSTRUCTOR: LAURIE TOME
August 14 - 18
Discover techniques and methods used by generations of theatrical scenic artists, during this one-week intensive course.
Learn and expand on the following skills:
· Train in the use and safe handling of painting materials and tools;
· Learn about colour theory;
· Gain confidence mixing scenic paints;
· Acquire skills in chemical compatibility;
· Experiment with marbling techniques;
· Create brick and concrete facades;
· Develop wood graining skills;
· Create effective aging and break down; and
· Paint using many different methods on different materials.
At the end of this course you will have examples of all of these facades and techniques that you may take home with you.
The low student-to-teacher ratio in each of these courses ensures instruction is geared to the participant's skill level and experience. Please indicate your related experience when you register.
This course may be taken as part of the
This certificate is given when completing
5 summer courses of your choice.
Total cost $2500 - a savings of $95 - $125 per course
Cost: $595 (materials included)
Monday to Friday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
163 King Street,
Stratford N5A 4S2
Target enrollment: 10 students
For more information, contact:
Susan Starkweather, Program Advisor